Pharmacy medications can be approved by the district with exceptions noted below:
- Birth control pills or devices
- Narcotic medications including methadone, except for:
- Treatment of opiate addicted pregnant prisoners
- Detoxification of opiate addicted prisoners
- Treatment of severe pain
- Medications for Hepatitis C
- Medications for cosmetic purposes or to enhance athletic or sexual performance
- Investigational medications
- Medications for hair loss.
- Individual prescription drug greater than $1,800 per month
- Over-the-counter (OTC) medications
Note: Districts should not be receiving medication requests from facilities participating in the National Managed Care Contract (NMCC) Pharmacy Program.